Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lily is Here!!

On Sunday morning, we traveled from Beijing to Nanjing. We had been told we'd meet Lily either on Sunday or Monday. On Sunday evening, we met with Sandra from our adoption agency, and she gave us our schedule for Nanjing and let us know we'd be picking up Lily at 9:30 on Monday morning.

Sure enough, at 9:30 this morning, we arrived at the Jiangsu Registration Service Centre For Foreign-Related Marriage and Adoption and met our new daughter for the first time! Lily and Abigail, the new daughter of our travel companions, were both waiting for us, along with several of the care-givers from the Nanjing orphanage. But enough of this talk, you need to see the pictures.










12 comments:

jasminesoup said...

You've got her smiling and sleeping which is pretty much the definition of success at this point :)

xoxoxo
j

Robert en Jacqueline said...

Waw congratulations to you both! She looks really happy. From the pictures I see that Lily Wren JiangJiang Cosart came with a manual.

Sinfanti said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you finally have your Lily. I'm sure she's worth every agonizing minute of the wait.

Steve in Taiwan

Unknown said...

Look at that! Can you believe it? I can't tell you how thrilled I am, especially to see her so happy. Hope you're enjoying it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Love, JK

Amy said...

Wow!!! She looks like she is doing great! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations.
From another Nanjing mom.

Jodi said...

yeah! congratulations! I have tears strolling down my cheek! She is beautiful and what a happy family!
YEAH!!!!!

Jodi

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!!! She's just precious and looks so happy with her new family! Sooooo happy for ALL of you. :)

Melanie Mannos
Yan Xin Mei's Mommy

Unknown said...

Oh my, I can't look at these photos at work. My students are going to report a basketcase in the History department. She makes my heart melt. Take care. Love, Diane Rapp

kmegm said...

She is adorable! It is wonderful to see the cuddles and love being shared between all of you. What a blessing these little peanuts are. They bring so much joy and happiness to everyone! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Kelli ~ A Nanjing mom

Breton said...

Good to see that you guys are bonding. Come home safely!

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful Happy Girl!! You must he so excited to finally have have your Lily. Please give our little cousin a big hug and kiss for us.

Love Ann and the girls

Unknown said...

I couldn't be more pleased for you all. I'm so happy! She is one very loved and lucky little girl!

Take care and come home safe.
Karen, Fiona, Ronan and Aisling